Sunday, January 16, 2011

Day 1: Love is Patient

So I decided to do a separate blog for my Love Dare journey. Part of me thinks this is a very personal thing, and that I should keep it private. (Not to mention those who read this and are hoping to somehow use the information against me.) But my hope is that someone can benefit from this. And if there are people who are going to use my emotions and my trying to fix my marriage against me, well, that's their problem. You know what? I even forgive them ahead of time. I can't control what anyone else does, and I refuse to be bullied. I pray that someone reading this who is having trouble with their marriage may somehow be able to use this to make things better.

I kinda started the Love Dare yesterday. It was halfway through the day, so I didn't really count. From what I remember about it before, Day 1 is not saying anything negative to your spouse. We went to my Dad's to watch the Ravens play (if that's what you want to call what they did). I made sure I was nice. I didn't so much go out of my way, but I was nice. I'm going to continue Day 1 today, because he works a 12 hour shift, so I really can't start another day. Besides, I'm going to modify it. I resolve not to say anything negative about him today. Not that I'm always talking badly about him, mind you. Tonight I will journal about it, here, of course.

No comments:

Post a Comment